Rating: M (Het, Oral, Anal, Threesome, Death, Violence)
Chapters: Eighteen + Epilogue
Summary: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Sten and Adhara, a Dalish Warden, have little in common but disdain for the human race. But for two people thrown into the midst of Fereldan politics, this becomes a basis for friendship. Whether or not their mutual respect of one another will be enough to keep them sane is anyone's guess....
*indicates chapters that are totally NSFW.Chapter List
1. "What is that smell?"
2."No one has a place here. Your farmers wish to be merchants. The merchants dream of being nobles, and the nobles become warriors. No one is content to be who they are."
3. "...I should have stayed in that cage."
4. "If I were indeed hostile, you would be bleeding."
5. "I like swords, I follow orders; there's nothing else to know about me."
6. "I thought that their warriors, at least, would be larger."
7. "Happiness is fragile. Nothing that can be built upon it will last. Only duty endures."
8. "Qunari are most dangerous because we are thinking men and not unthinking force."
9. "We will never speak of this again."*
10. "Either you have an enviable memory, or a pitiable life, to know nothing of regret."
11. "People are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of: 'the elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.."*
12. "Are we being subtle now? I couldn't tell."*
13. "This place stinks desperation."
14. "Is this some form of... mass suicide?"*
15. "It was her ignorance we pitied, not her mistake.";
16. "Draw your sword. I want to see what you can do. "
17. "You have carried us this far, do not doubt that.";
18. "We will do better next time.";